Tuesday 21 July 2009

The Half-Century

This is my 50th post on this blog. I first of all thank all the people who have read my posts and also read them now.

I was slightly confused about what to write in the 50th blog. Then I decided to write about human relations in a different sense. Don't ask me why. If everything had a logical reason would there have been emotions in this world?

First of all, you never know how a person will get to know what you did. I am reminded of a tee shirt a friend of mine wore the other day. He had done his summer internship with Mahindra & Mahindra. The tee shirt said "Ask me what I did this summer", in all probability a take on the movie "I Know What You Did This Summer". Well, I do not know about summer but one can get to know about people from weird quarters. This my dear readers, is a small world.

Picture the following situations

1) A guy I know had this huge thing for a girl but things ended pretty badly. One fine day a classmate at his b-school comes up to him and asks him about the girl. He is shocked for a few seconds. Then she tells him that she knows a person who is supposedly going out with this girl as they were interns at the same place!

2) A person who was your senior in engineering college, a person you never spoke to, is your batchmate now, and becomes a great friend of yours. To top that a family friend of the said senior who was your super-senior joins the same b-school in the first year when you have reached the second year.

3) A family friend of an ex-colleague of yours is your batchmate in a PG course.

4) A person you always had certain impressions about turns out to have a different side (may or may not be desirable) that kind of surprises you.

5) You get to know what is happening around you behind the scenes and that KNOCKS the breath out of you.

5) You are sitting on the fifth floor of a building and are just gazing out. You chance upon a guy who just spat on a clean wall soiling it. I do not want to sound paranoid but what is the guarantee that someone tomorrow is not observing you from some corner (even if it is a coincidence) without your knowledge?

Maybe I can go on and on. I cannot reveal the identities of the people I talked about for obvious reasons. The last one is totally hypothetical by the way. I made it up just for the sake of illustration.


2 comments: