Monday 22 June 2009

On Arindam Chaudhuri

I was reading an article on the web forwarded to me by a friend of mine on the (in?)famous Indian Institute of Planning and Management. There is spirited defence of the institute by a person who seems to be an alumna of the Mumbai branch of the institute. The comments made by some of the non-IIPM people though possibly understandable were unforgivably not exactly impersonal or gentlemanly. I also browsed through a Wikipedia article. By the way I hope I don't get sued by the institute for writing this blog!

Then I went to Arindam Chaudhuri's personal site. I am not judging the college or claims or quality of the institute in this article but the man frankly seems to be obsessed with himself. Check out the page and every link is His this and His that! He is claimed to be a management guru, an economist and a philosopher. I should actually call him The Philosopher Who Drives His Bentley (if you get my drift). I have come across a term called personality branding in the course of my Introduction to Marketing course. This guy is probably the best example for that!

2 comments:

Sarsij said...

no wonder he is termed as the 'self-acclaimed' Business Guru ;)

Its more like saying - "If you don't give me media attention, I will start my own TV channel with a 24X7 telecast of my life ...... whether you like it or not, you will have to watch it!"

Yash said...

Dare to think beyond IIMs :D and you continually compare yourself againt them and self-proclaim yourself to be better.........

Never Mind.. Free Society, everyone has right to tell a lie ;)