Wednesday 18 August 2010

To Own or to Create?

The (weird) poet in me has once again awoken. My reader, I put this creation of mine in front of the eyes of thine :D

One day, when I sat tired of all the dissembling and debauchery,
There came along a whiff of fresh air, so sweet,
It rejuvenated my faith in the world,
But when I tried holding it in the palm of my hand,
For I wished not to be parted from the fragrance,
Away it slipped, reminding it belonged not to me but to the world,
Make your own fragrance, it said, for I only carry it,
Blessed I am that I spend some time in the maker's presence,
That is the only true way to possess me,
So my dear, yours is only to attract but not to capture me,
It is I who will come to you, but before that be worthy of me,
Since that day I have toiled, that I be worthy of judgement,
Woe is me, that dawn is yet to come....

No comments: