Friday 13 August 2010

The Expendables

There are no spoilers here, so anyone who has to see the movie need not worry. I had to write this post. I decided that in the hall itself. I saw the first show on the first day of the movie. First of all a warning to the womenfolk - STAY AWAY. This is strictly a guy movie. There might have been around 30 people in the theatre, there were hardly 3 ladies in the audience.

First of all, why did Stallone make this movie? Was he bored of sitting at home and not killing people? I am sure the number of kills has surpassed that in the latest Rambo movie. Nothing to this effect has been said on Wikipedia yet but I am sure it is only a matter of time before this is affirmed. The sheer range of weaponry used to take human lives is staggering - right from knives to guns that blow up people. I was chuckling to myself, literally. After a point it becomes funny. Twards the end there is a scene where the bad guys are literally being blown away! The way people are killed in the movie is simply unbelievable. If a guy and a girl watch this movie, I am sure both will scream - the guy out of pleasure and the girl out of fear. The movie is an orgy of violence. There are plenty of explosions and gunfights to keep the guys happy.

The cast is also like a dream - Stallone, Statham, Jet Li. Bruce Willis ad Schwarzzenegger are also there, but they have a mere token presence. I don't think they were even credited in the beginning. Stallone and Arnold take potshots at each other which makes for some funny remarks. Remember Kambakkht Ishq (I don't know if I have the spelling right , blame the producers' faith in numerology, we have Kkusum, Kambakkht Ishq, Karzzzz etc)? The time Stallone spends on-screen in that movie must be similar to Arnold's (his surname is too confusing for me, so I use his first name) in this one (disclaimer - I have not seen KI, I saw a Youtube video).

So there are guns, explosion, gore and oh yes, some hot chicas. What more can a guy want out of a movie?

No comments: