Wednesday 12 May 2010

"We did not play to our potential"

MSD seems to be on his way to becoming a master at stating the obvious. I confess that I did not watch the T20 match, but I was expecting India to get knocked out. My doubt is whether we have been having too much cricket and endorsements for our players, and I mean both of them.

There was an article in The Hindu today on the Pakistani team (which I did not read once again, I very rarely read a sports article). In the same column there was an ad for Orient PSPO fans, endorsed by, who else but MSD? There is a mall right beside where I stay. One of the stores has a cutout of Dhoni posing and an expansion of MSD as My Style Destination. Is cricket being lost in all of this? Our endorsements are probably small compared to what sportsmen do/get abroad (which I still maintain is lunatic), but I think we pamper our cricketers too much.

No comments: